Wedding Blog - real life weddings, wedding planning help and wedding inspiration.

Groom Edition; Wedding fairs, tattoos and an industry aimed at the Bride


 
 
 
So I was dragged along to the national wedding fair at Olympia a few weekends ago, I was dreading it to be honest, all the pushy vendors and such and having to explain that my wife is a wedding blogger and I'm not getting married (although if she had her way we would be doing it every bloody year) but was pleasantly surprised that it was all quite laid back and I could browse the products and services they offered freely. One thing that was apparent like every other wedding fair I went to, it was not to groom orientated, a few car stalls and some suit stalls and a suits few in the fashion show but apart from that nada!
 Now to be honest I've racked my brains as to what I would of liked to see at these fairs, I was quite lucky as all I was after was a magician and cupcakes and I found these, but I'm sure there is a market for men at wedding fairs but I can't just put my finger on what it is yet.


Now there was one stall that peeked my curiosity and then enraged me immensely, it was to do with tattoos, now I personally have a fair ole few and couldn't imagine covering them for anything and this included my wedding day! The service they provided was airbrushing skin tone make up on so you look "normal and natural" for your big day, now the friends and acquaintances I have that have tattoos have them because they like them, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks!
 
 
 
 When you go in to get a tattoo it is explained that they are for life, so why you would get them covered up is beyond me (that being said if you have a bad tattoo I can kinda understand the appeal. Then again if you have a bad tattoo it's probably because you decided to get it done on the cheap or while in Magaluf and woke up in a drunk haze with it, if this is the case why not get it lazered off anyway?!), is there really a future market for this?
 
All in all the wedding industry needs a shake up, more businesses aimed at the Groom and more acceptance that every Bride and Groom isn't going to fit into the cookie cutter!
 
Until next time,
Stew
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment