Wedding Blog - real life weddings, wedding planning help and wedding inspiration.

Wedding Advice & How to react

Let's face it, when it comes to weddings everyone has an opinion.
From close family members to people who you only know via Facebook; everyone will give you their two cents. It's not easy to say no to you lovely old Gran or your best friend at work but sometimes it has to be said!
 
If rainbow bridesmaids dresses aren't what you've been looking at but your bestie just can't let it go, how do you break the news without going all Bridezilla?!
 
 
It won't be easy, it won't be nice but you'll get criticized by someone either way so just do what makes you happy!
 
Just explain while their idea is appreciated it isn't how you pictured your big day! Instead show them what you've been looking at/planning and get them involved with it.
It's a lot easier to knock someone's idea back with reason rather than just 'because those dresses are revolting/that is so old fashioned/OMG WTF' Most people will be happy you've taken their opinion on board and care enough to have listened!
 
 
 
 
I know hearing the same advice/opinion over and over again can get annoying but be aware that if more than one person has suggested it or said it, it might actually be worth doing a bit of research into!
I was insistent on having fake flowers at my wedding, I've never been a flowery girl and didn't see the point of spending loads of money on flowers that would soon die all for one day! To cut a long story short, I ended up with a real red rose bouquet and all my bridesmaids had fake. After my Mum and my Nan kept on and on I finally agreed to go have a look and fell in love.
 Looking back I'm so glad it was something I decided to take on board!
 
 
 
 
Don't forget most people only offer their opinions because they think they're being helpful and I know it can be the most annoying thing in the world but at least they care enough to want to help!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment