Wedding Blog - real life weddings, wedding planning help and wedding inspiration.

Weddings - The Groom Edition

Ever wondered what the groom thought of the big day? Here at Cherry Bomb Weddings we wanted to get both sides of the story so we asked a groom who got married back in 2012!




Hi Stewart!

So how involved were you in your wedding planning?
I was fairly involved with the planning of the wedding or so I like to think, at the end of the day what ever the wife wanted, she got!

Did you attend any wedding fairs?
I really enjoyed going to wedding fairs, well the first few anyway. We we're going to 1 a week at one point however I did find a magician inspired by the Gavin and Stacy TV show though so that was an upside.
All the free cake as well!
There is some downsides and that's how pushy some of the venders can be, and it really is aimed at the women, take the wedding dress fashion shows, not a man there of his own free will I'm sure, I even went off for a stroll and a beer when I was taken to one.

Overall they did help, even if its just to get some sort of an idea of what's out there.


If you could do it differently what would you do?
I wouldn't pay the amount I did for the balloons, we should have researched who we used in more depth. They weren't very professional and turned up when they felt like it on the morning of the wedding.
I'd also probably use a different suit hire shop, the one we chose made so many mistakes and at one point even blamed me for loosing a suit when a member of their staff hadn't even given me it!




Best bits?
The stag do was interesting, buying my wedding ring from The Great Frog and our cakes made by Laura from Cupcake-a-licious were amazing.

Did you and your bride have any arguments?
The venue choice, the welcome drinks and the first dance all caused some heated discussions. There's just so much choice and everyone gives you their opinion, in the end we ignored everyone's advice and just chose what made us happy.

Stag Do - is it as bad as every Bride imagines?
I had a pretty mellow one, headed back to my home town in Wiltshire for a meal and a lock in. At the end of the night I was in the best shape by far, one person was so drunk he was put in a taxi and sent home to his poor girlfriend and another fell out of a door, with a pint of beer and somehow didn't spill a drop! We thought he had possibly died the next morning as no one could wake him up in his hotel room.




The Wedding Dress - is it worth the hype?
They are defiantly worth the money! I got a little choked up when I first seen the wife walking up the aisle.

What's your opinion on the wedding industry?
It's too bride orientated! There's bridal fashion shows, hair and makeup trials, shoes, tiaras..... yet not a lot for the groom. There's no male based wedding magazines or fashion shows! If your lucky you might get half a page in a bridal based magazine on groom fashion but that's pretty much it.
I know weddings are generally the Brides big day but it's our day too!

General overall feelings -  Would you do it again?
I would do it all over again, I had an amazing time. It's worth all the stress and arguing over what to put in favour boxes!


Any advice for husbands to be?

Yes! - Happy Wife, Happy Life!












Wedding Details
VW Camper Van - Buttercup Bus
Wedding Dress - Cloud 9 Bridal
Suits - Moss Bros
Cupcakes - Cupcake-a-licious
Photographer -Jane Alexander
Bridesmaid Dresses - Ebay
Tiara - Wedding dress fair
 





No comments:

Post a Comment